787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano Vilma Santos, Luis Manzano warn public of fake account posing as her Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. 2 nabbed in Bicol drug stings MOST READ 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano Albay to send off disaster response team to Batangas With its confidence on a high, Vietnam continued to pounce on the Philippines as Vu Van Thanh doubled the lead, 2-0, in added time in the first half.Things continued to go down south for the Filipinos in the second half, as Nguyen Van Toan scored at the 50th minute before Ho Tuan Tai squeaked another goal at the 89th minute to cap off the dominating win.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’The defeat kept the Filipinos at fourth place in Group B with three points and sending them in further danger of missing the semifinals. National Historical team rescues Amorsolos, artifacts from Taal FILE – PH’s Dylan Alain De Bruycker against Cambodia’s Sam Oeun Pidor during the Philippines vs Cambodia’s men’s football match. PH upset Cambodia, 2-0. INQUIRER/ MARIANNE BERMUDEZVietnam sent the Philippines under-22 team to its second loss, 4-0, in the 2017 Southeast Asian Games men’s football tournament Sunday at Shah Alam Stadium in Selangor, Malaysia.The Vietnamese, bronze medalists of the 2015 meet, finally got through the Filipinos’ defense in the 38th minute with Nguyen Cong Phuong scoring the first goal past goalkeeper RJ Joyel.ADVERTISEMENT Teen gunned down in Masbate Bullock shines as Rain or Shine rips TNT Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:11SEA GAMES 2019: PH’s Nesthy Petecio boxing featherweight final (HIGHLIGHTS)08:07Athletes treated to a spectacle as SEA Games 2019 officially ends06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold05:02SEA Games 2019: Philippines clinches historic gold in women’s basketball05:21Drama in karate: Tsukii ‘very sad’ over coach’s bullying, cold shoulder03:24PH’s James Palicte boxing light welterweight final (HIGHLIGHTS) OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments
A Bundoran man bought equipment to grow cannabis at a local gardening centre before building a mini-drugs factory at his home.Kevin Granaghan appeared at Letterkenny Circuit Court after Gardai raided his home and found an elaborate drug-cultivation centre at his home.Acting on a tip-off, Gardai kept Granaghan, 54, under surveillance for some time before raiding his home. When they eventually swooped on 16 St Bridget’s Terrace, they discovered almost €30,000 worth of cannabis plants and seeds in sheds and in the home of Granaghan.The court heard that Granaghan’s home and sheds was set up to grow the plants in special conditions.The windows had been specially sealed to keep out natural sunlight and the electricity supply had been bypassed using special copper wire.In the garden of sheds at the rear of his home, a total of 67 cannabis plants and other materials with a total value of €29,800.There was extractor fans as well as power packs, timers, switches and special watering systems to produce both make and female cannabis plants.Gardai said they did not believe that Granaghan was capable of carrying out such an operation alone but was taking the rap for others.When Gardai raided the house under the Misuse of Drugs Act on December 1st, 2010, the front door of the house was open.Judge John O’Hagan asked if there was any evidence to suggest that he was supplying cannabis around the area.Gardai said there was no messages on his mobile phone or different bank accounts to suggest he was supplying.However the discovery of weighing scales and sealed plastic bags containing cannabis suggested he was part of a sales operation.Judge O’Hagan adjourned the case for a year to see if Granaghan stayed out of trouble.“If he keeps his nose clean then I will consider giving him a chance,” said Judge O’Hagan.Barrister Desmond Murphy asked if his client could apply for his passport in order to visit Nigeria where he had a child with a woman there.However Judge O’Hagan said he thought Granaghan was doing well enough as the normal tariff for such an offence was three years.MAN BOUGHT CANNABIS-GROWING EQUIPMENT IN LOCAL GARDEN CENTRE was last modified: July 13th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bundorancannabisdrugsKevin Granaghan
Portsalon Golf ClubNow that the excitement of the open week has passed it was back to our normal competitions last week at Portsalon Golf Club. On Wednesday 11th July the winner of the open competition was Gerry Kindlon (22) 39 points Runner Up: Paul Shields (7) 36 points BOT Gross: Michael Finlay (4) 32 points, Third: Joe Coyle (7) 36 points BOT. The CSS was 36points. On Sunday15th there was a gents open and the winner was Winner: Fergus Callaghan (18) 39 points B.O.T Runner Up: Ray Kennedy (28) 39 pointsGross: Eamonn McDermott (3) 32 points Third: John Doherty (10) 38 pointsVisitor: John Jennings (10) Foyle 34 points B.O.T1st Nine: Maurice McGettigan (15) 20 points B.O.T 2nd Nine: D. Dobson (12) Headfort 21 points B.O.T The CSS was 35 points Team NewsIt was an exciting week end for the remaining Portsalon teams in this season’s competition. First up was John Fitzgerald’s Donegal Minor League team on Friday evening in the return leg match against Rosapenna. Trailing by three matches to two from the first leg at Rosapenna this had all the hallmarks of being a close match. Having secured the first three matches and having enough holes up the remaining two matches were called in. We are awaiting details of the semi final opponents.On Sunday it was the turn of the Portsalon team in the Ulster Junior Cup who had the short journey to Letterkenny golf club where they played the much fancied City of Derry in the Ulster Junior Cup quarter final. The junior cup team was; Pascal Cullen, Seamus Patton, Eamon Mc Conigley, D P Logue and Kevin Mc Gonagle. Portsalon will now go on the Ulster semi final and are awaiting their opponents and venue. EventsOn Saturday 21st the course is reserved for Noreen Mc Conigley’s lady captains day. Members should check the time sheet for the availability of tee times. On Sunday 22nd it’s a gents open competition sponsored by Finn Valley Pheasantries. For further details and contact the clubhouse 074 91 59459 for your tee time or go online at www.portsalongolfclub.com Sunday 15th July there is a members competition.Lady Captains DayNoreen Mc Conigley’s Lady Captains prize will be staged on Saturday 21st July. The Lady Captain has a gents members section and gents tee times on Saturday 21st July will be from 7 am to 10 am and from 3.30 pm to 5 pm. To book contact 0749159459 or go online to www.portsalongolfclub.com. The captain D P Logue and members of Portsalon gof club wish Noreen every success on this her special day at Portsalon Golf Club.Sean Mc Gettigan ClassicOn Saturday 28th July it’s one of the most eagerly awaited golf classics of the year as the club stages the Sean Mc Gettigan Open Golf Classic which will be played on the golden ‘’Banks’’ of Portsalon golf course. The event is an open team of four any combination and tee times are available so make sure that you are included in this magnificent golfing event.Members Note Members should note that all away scores should be recorded in the away scores book in the clubhouseMatch PlayThis seasons match play competition at Portsalon has reached the quarterfinal stage and the players are reminded that all matches must be played by 31st July.On Line Booking Members and visitors to Portsalon Golf Club should note that on line booking is now available for all competitions at Portsalon at the flick of a button go to portsalongolfclub.comDivot BagsMembers and visitors please note that divot bags are now available on entry to the first tee box. Please ensure that you pick up a bag and assist with the course maintenGOLF: PORTSALON GOLF CLUB NEWS was last modified: July 20th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Portsalon Golf Club Notes
SURF’S Up this weekend for a Girls Only weekend on the waves – with an Irish Champion on hand for tips!Adventure One Surf School is behind the ‘Women’s Surf Weekend’ on Sept 15/16 at Ballyheirnan Bay, Fanad.With one off taster sessions or a 3 lesson beginner’s course, you don’t have to be Hawaiin to have a go. “We are also running in conjunction with Girls Go Surfing’s Nicole Morgan, a three times Irish Ladies Champion, an improvers course,” said the school’s Iain Gilmour.“Forecasts are for a good swell and wind for this weekend’s events.”See the link below for more info:http://www.adventureone.net/surfschool.php IRISH SURF CHAMP SET TO RIDE DONEGAL WAVES IN GIRLS ONLY WEEKEND! was last modified: September 12th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FanadIRISH SURF CHAMP SET TO RIDE DONEGAL WAVES IN GIRLS ONLY WEEKEND!
Station deputies will start using the flashlights in the field on Tuesday, said Anderson. Over the next six-month appraisal period, deputies will be asked to complete a monthly report on their effectiveness, he added. “We are always trying to find better weapons that allow us to arrest someone without the use of deadly force,’ said Anderson. “Our hope is one will save a deputy’s life and the board of supervisors will recognize the importance and purchase them for all the stations.’ @tagline columnist:Debbie Pfeiffer Trunnell can be reached at (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3028, or by e-mail at email@example.com. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! PICO RIVERA — Deputy Martin Ibarra felt pretty good as he finished up his first training session in the use of the Sheriff’s Department’s new pepper spray flashlight. “It’s perfect,’ said Ibarra, who works at the sheriff’s Pico Rivera Station, one of the first three stations to receive the new tool. “You have a flashlight on one end and a quick response with the pepper spray on the other. I will feel safer having this in my hand.’ The TigerLight Non-Lethal Defense System flashlight was approved for department use by the county Board of Supervisors this month in a six-month pilot program. Deputies in Pico Rivera and the sheriff’s Century and East Los Angeles stations are the first to be trained in their use, said Steve Whitmore, Sheriff’s Department spokesman. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week The pepper spray flashlights are like having two tools in one, he said. “Deputies have previously carried flashlights and (pepper spray) canisters separately in their belts, so there are obvious benefits to this,’ Whitmore said. “We just have to see how it all plays out and if we can move forward after six months and give them out to more deputies.’ TigerLight provided about 500 of the 23-ounce flashlights to the Sheriff’s Department at no cost. At a training session this week for Pico Rivera Station deputies, Sgt. John Anderson touted the tool’s advantages. “Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to utilize it in a split second and knock someone to the ground with a minimum amount of force,’ Anderson said. “It’s no different than any other type of pepper spray and will affect a person’s eyesight and respiratory system.’
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! MONTEBELLO – In a special meeting Wednesday, the Montebello City Council voted to support the installation of a temporary bridge to replace the Beverly Boulevard bridge, which was damaged by fire on Nov. 1. Dave Pilker, head of the city services programs for Los Angeles County’s Department of Public Works, told the council that a temporary bridge could be in place in about two months for a total cost of $732,000. The county is administering the rebuilding project for the bridge’s co-owners, Montebello and Pico Rivera, which will cost an estimated $10.7 million. In addition, Pilker said the money could be reimbursed from federal funds already approved for the bridge’s complete replacement, a question that the Pico Rivera council was waiting for before making a decision on how to proceed. “We’re here to make a decision about it today,” said Montebello Mayor Bill Molinari. “Engineers from both cities have concluded it was a safe and viable option, and we want to make sure all related issues are in place.” Molinari called the special meeting Wednesday to push forward with the fastest solution. In a joint council meeting between the two cities last week, Pico Rivera resisted Molinari’s insistence on a temporary bridge before they had all of the information – in particular the reimbursable costs. Pilker said most temporary-bridge companies cited a six-month schedule for installation. Ascrow Bridges, a Colorado-based company that specializes in temporary emergency bridges, was the only company that had an available structure and was therefore able to reduce the time frame to two months. “We can continue to look for ways to expedite the process, but our original schedule is already tight,” Pilker said. The temporary solution helps return traffic flow to Beverly Boulevard while allowing construction of a new permanent bridge to continue. It will be placed along the north side of the existing bridge to span the burned-out section, providing one lane of traffic in each direction. Meanwhile, the south lane of the new permanent bridge will be constructed alongside. Plans to replace the bridge had been under way for several years and, by coincidence, money from federal highway funds had been approved for a complete replacement of the bridge on the same day as the fire. Molinari said the city of Montebello already has its share for the project – $1,039,000 – set aside in a separate fund. firstname.lastname@example.org (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3029
Opening Remarks (.pdf – 54KB)– Dr Essop Pahad, Minister in the PresidencyThe Communication Opportunity, the Communication Responsibility (.pdf 660KB)– Themba Maseko, CEO Government Communication and Information SystemAfrica 2010: Continental opportunities (.pdf 1MB)– Thaninga Shope-Linney, Nepad General Manager, Communications and OutreachA World Class African Cup (.pdf 14MB)– Danny Jordaan, CEO Local Organising CommitteeCountry Positioning (.pdf 26MB)– Raul Peralba, Partner Director Trout & PartnersGermany: Land of Ideas (.pdf 23MB)– Mike de Vries, MD FC Deutschland GmbHBrand South Africa: Working together for a better future (.pdf 555KB)– Yvonne Johnston CEO International Marketing CouncilSpeaker profiles (.pdf)2010 National Communiction Partnership Strategy (.doc)2010 National Communication Partnership Task Team meeting 05/05/06 (.doc)Enquiries: email@example.comThis conference was hosted in collaboration with the 2010 National Communications Task Team.
US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants Alaska played without Kevin Racal, JV Casio, Simon Enciso and Vic Manuel, but despite that, was able tobounce back from a woeful first outing just three nights ago against Rain or Shine.Carl Bryan Cruz fired 20 points built around four triples to lead the Aces, the losing Governors’ Cup finalists to the Magnolia Hotshots last December.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesRELATED VIDEO Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Amoguis sisters from Davao dominate in 2019 Batang Pinoy swimming Alaska vs Columbian. PBA IMAGESMANILA, Philippines–Alaska’s severely undermanned Aces on Wednesday night still proved too much to handle for Columbian, scoring a 94-72 ripping of the Dyip at Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay for their first win in the PBA Philippine Cup eliminations.With four traditional starters on sick bay, the Aces played with remarkable consistency all night long to make what started out as a close game into a blowout and deal the Dyip a third straight loss in a 2-4 card.ADVERTISEMENT Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting MOST READ PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war ADVERTISEMENT View comments PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte